- She glides between singing and speech.
- She switches effortlessly between jazz, trap, grime and what we old fogeys used to call trip hop.
- She makes it seem effortless. Sure it ain’t though.
- She’s from Manchester.
- She’s what some may call neo-soul if that term wasn’t so freaking off-putting.
- She feels like her music has come fully-formed but that’ll partly be because she plays to her strengths – minimal, spooky, spooked, assured, melodic, knowing full well the effect her voice can have.
- So laidback she’s beyond vertical.
- She’s the British Solange.
- Makes me feel proud to be from this mess of a country.
- [Insert cute cat picture here.]
- [Inset light sabre.]
- [Inset doobie.]
I love a party with an atmosphere.