You know the rules. Let’s get on with it.
- Polished. Too polished? Right now, no such beast exists. Tightly wound. Coiled. Plays the obvious cards in its hand. N’owt wrong with that. “I’m not like anybody else/So you can just go fuck yourself,” the ladies spit before reverting to sackcloth and surf guitar. Good form.
- Background? I am guessing Alabama or perhaps Los Angeles. L.A. right? Major label clearly, but with pretensions towards autonomy. Not that autonomy matters when rock’n’roll is all about the illusion. All about the mythology. All about the gloss.
- Unchallenging and a throwback in a 2017 way. I would imagine they have watched the remake of Hairspray (post-Glee). Me too. Several times. Let’s not conflate a love for old school sounds with a love for old school attitudes though. We have moved on way past that. Shannon And The Clams do this sort of thing way, way better but there again Shannon And The Clams do pretty much most sorts of things way, way better.
- Collegiate style.
- Bet they’ve all got Scooby Doo names like Lydia Night and Genessa Gariano, Sage Chavis and Maxx Morando, yeah that’s ok. I say Scooby Doo. I mean Josie And The Pussycats, obv.
- Fuck it, they do Christmas. That’s me won over then. Laden with ‘tude as well…